Your search is on
Using the MnPALS Plus online library catalog, you may search for books or audiovisual materials located in the SCTCC Library and other MnPALS libraries.
Borrowing materials from other libraries
You may borrow materials located at other libraries through a process called Interlibrary Loan. This includes books, audiovisual materials, and copies of articles the SCTCC Library does not own. This service is free to students. Most requests are processed within one week.
Before submitting a request for materials, make sure the SCTCC Library does not own the material you are requesting. Search the library catalog for books and audiovisual materials and search the library databases for journal, magazine, and newspaper articles.
Requesting an item from another MnPALS library
Enter your search in the Search Box and click on "Find." On the results screen that appears, select "All Libraries” from the drop down menu. When you find an item that interests you...
- Select "Request an Item"
- Enter your User ID/Barcode (located on the back of you Student ID) and your password (your last name) and select "Login." You may also use your StarID and password.
- When the item screen appears, click on "Place an ILL Request"
- Verify the information on the next screen, make any necessary changes, and select "Submit Request"
- A screen will appear showing your request has been submitted
Requesting an article found in a database
After searching one of the databases and finding an article you would like to request, check to make sure it is not available in full- text (the Full Text link will appear under the title in the results list). If the article is not available in full-text...
- Click on the Interlibrary Loan and/or Request link
- Enter your User ID/Barcode (located on the back of your Student ID) and your password (your last name) and select "Log On"
- On the screen that appears, verify that the information is correct and check the Copyright Law agreement box. Then select Go.
- A screen will appear showing your request has been processed with the ILL Request No.
If you prefer, you may also submit a request at the library or by using the Ask a Librarian e-mail link. Please remember to include your User ID/Barcode, your contact information and complete information about the item you are requesting.