Loan periods for materials
- Fiction, Non-Fiction, Professional Development books – 3 weeks (limit 3 items). One renewal allowed unless items is requested by another user.
- Reference books – in library use
- Juvenile books - 3 weeks (limit 5 items)
- Reserve materials – in library use
- Audiovisual (Videos, DVDs, CDs) – 3 days (limit 2 items) – non-renewable
- Current periodicals – in library use
- Back issue periodicals – 1 week (limit 3 items) – non-renewable
- If an item has not been returned after three notices, a hold will be placed on a student’s record. This hold will be equal to the replacement cost of the item, plus a $15 processing fee, and a $5 non-refundable fine. A hold means students are unable to register for classes or enroll at another MnSCU institution until it is resolved.
- If an item is returned in the condition it was borrowed, all fees will be waived except the $5 fine.
- All fees must be paid at the SCTCC Business Office.
- Remember...You are responsible for overdue charges if you check items out for another person or you let someone else use your library card.
Overdue interlibrary loan materials
- Overdue interlibrary loans will incure a replacement cost determined by the lending library, plus a $15 processing fee, and a $20 non-refundable fine.
Lost and damaged materials
- Lost and damaged materials will incur fees equal to the replacement cost of the item, plus a $15 processing fee, and a $5 fine. A hold will also be placed on a student's record.
An item is considered damaged if it is returned with:
- Torn or stained cover
- Turned, marked, or torn pages
- Broken binding
- Water damage
- Broken DVDs or cases
- You are responsible for lost or damaged charges if you check items out for another person or if you let someone else use your library card.
Course reserve materials
- Course reserves are materials faculty put in the library for their own students to use. These items are available for in-library-use only.
- If an item is removed from the library, a hold will be placed on a student's record. This hold will be equal to the replacement cost of the item, plus a $15 processing fee, and a $25 fine. All charges are non-refundable.
- A hold means students are unable to register for classes or enroll in another MnSCU institution until it is resolved.
- Borrowing privileges will also be suspended if course reserve materials are removed from the library.
The SCTCC Library provides a quiet space for research and study. Please be respectful and courteous of others by following these common courtesy guidelines:
- Maintain quiet – be aware of noise levels so others in the area may work undisturbed.
- Refrain from using cell phones – use of cell phones is not permitted in the library
- Check out all materials – check out all materials you take from the library
- Return materials on time – Items are due back on or before the due date
- Do not re-shelve library materials – please bring items you use in the library to the CirculationDesk