St. Cloud Technical & Community College is located in the district represented by Jim Knoblach and Jerry Relph at the Minnesota Legislature.
As a part of the Minnesota State system, St. Cloud Technical & Community College receives funding via the legislative request submitted by Minnesota State.
Minnesota State is the fifth largest system of colleges and universities in the nation with 30 state colleges and universities across the state that serve as an essential resource to students, business, and industry.
In addition to requesting its operating budget, Minnesota State is requesting $178 million in new funding for fiscal years 2018 and 2019.
FY2018-FY2019 Minnesota State Legislative Request
$178 million in new funding over the next biennium
- $143 million to support and protect campuses like SCTCC
- $25 million for critical technology replacements impacting SCTCC
- $10 million for student incentive grants
To see the Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Budget Request, click here.
To see the complete Minnesota State FY2018-FY2019 Legislative Request book, click here.
Impact of the Minnesota State Legislative Request to St. Cloud Technical & Community College
- SCTCC will receive $3.1 million of the $143 million supporting and protecting campuses, and an estimated 678 students will be supported by the funding for incentive grants
- A fully funded request will allow us to: increase flipped advising and tutoring support services for at-risk student populations; provide investment for critical technology to ensure a strong IT infrastructure is in place to support academic access and instruction; invest in up-to-date instructional equipment that aligns with the needs of today’s workforce.
- Not fully funded request will cause us to: reduce student resources and advising services, cause faculty and staff layoffs, delay program expansions in high-demand programs, and prolong investments in technology and equipment that impact our ability to provide a skilled workforce.
To learn more about the impact of the Minnesota State legislative request to St. Cloud Technical & Community College, click here.
2017 St. Cloud Technical & Community College Capital Request
Should any portion of the Minnesota State capital request be funded, SCTCC is included for:
- $2 million in asset preservation (HEAPR)
Extraordinary Reasons To #Fundminnesotastate and St. Cloud Technical & Community College
- SCTCC is one of 37 state colleges and universities that are part of the Minnesota State system.
- The colleges and universities that make up Minnesota State are home to 54 campuses, of which the SCTCC campus is a part.
- Minnesota State serves 396,000 students annually, and SCTCC serves 10,325 of those students.
- Minnesota State serves an increasing number of students of color, first generation college students, and low-income students, including the 19% of SCTCC students who are students of color and the 43% who are Pell eligible.
- SCTCC partners with businesses like CentraCare, Cold Spring, Park Industries, Talon Innovations, and Xcel Energy in an effort to make sure we offer the right programs, in the right places, turning out the right number of graduates who are prepared with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in the jobs of the future.
See the Minnesota State Extraordinary Facts sheet by clicking here.
Learn More About the Legislative Session and its Impact on St. Cloud Technical & Community College and Minnesota State:
- Follow Minnesota State on Twitter
- Follow any of these Minnesota State legislative session hashtags: #FundMinnesotaState, #54Campuses54Days, or #HEAPRisCHEAPER
- Visit the Minnesota State Legislative Session information page.