For assistance with your email, or if you are having problems logging in, please contact the IT Helpdesk:
Stop by: Computer Lab 1-405 (Main Building, near Admissions)
New login method begins 10 p.m., March 22, 2017
Starting March 22 at 10 p.m., your login credentials for Office 365 will be changing to align with the new Minnesota State brand.
- Login to Office 365
- Username: YourStarID@go.minnstate.edu
- Password: Your StarID Password
Your email address will not be changing!
The change will impact both desktop and web-based applications, including Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, and Skype for Business. Please continue to use your current username until you are notified otherwise.
Click through to the links for instructions on how to update each of the applications:
- Update iOS Outlook App
- Update iOS Built-in Email App
- Update Android Outlook App
- Update Android Built-in Email App
If you experience issues, please contact IT by sending a helpdesk request to ITRequest@sctcc.edu or calling (320)308-5972. Thank you for your patience as we work through this conversion!
How to find your my.sctcc.edu email address:
You need an sctcc.edu email address to register for the SCTCC app, among other things.
To find that email address instead of the mnscu.edu login address, login to the Office 365 portal and click through to your email.
Click on your account profile picture in the upper right corner. Your email address should be right in the drop-down. It should follow the email@example.com format.
Why are students migrating to Office 365?
In addition to email, Office 365 allows you to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs online. Some more benefits of using Office 365:
- Individual online space with 1TB of storage
- Free download of Office software suite for installation on personal home computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. Publisher, Access, and InfoPath are also available for Windows systems
- Being on the same e-mail system as SCTCC Faculty and Staff increases communication, sharing, and collaboration opportunities
- Eventually, students will be able to utilize a single e-mail account when taking classes at multiple MnSCU campuses or transferring between campuses
- Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
Login to your new Office 365 account
- Visit: https://portal.office.com
- Your username: YourStarID@go.mnscu.edu (enter your StarID. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Enter your StarID password
- Did you FORGET your StarID? https://starid.mnscu.edu
Do not use your email to login. Use YourStarID@go.mnscu.edu. Use your StarID password.
Once logged in to Office 365, click on the "Mail" tile to be taken to your inbox.
You will be able to access your Office 365 apps by clicking on the square menu button in the upper left corner.
You can also view this step-by-step video:
Questions? Need help?
If you need assistance, please stop by the Helpdesk in 1-405, call 320-308-6445, or email helpdesk@SCTCC.edu.