Students will study advanced distance, angle and elevation work, including traverse layout, topographic data collection, x-sections and profiles, horizontal and vertical curves, property line surveying, and precise leveling. This course includes practical field applications including conventional total station, robotic total station, GPS, data collector and data transfer.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate basic and complex field surveys.
- Analyze precise level loops and traverses.
- Perform topographic surveys with total stations and controllers.
- Transfer data to PC for use in preliminary design.
- Calculate survey closures, levels of classification and coordinate geometry computations.
- Convert field data to record data in the form of drawings, sketches and field book files.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with others in a group situation.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.