This module focuses on the requirements needed by healthcare workers to effectively work in a variety of health care settings. This includes types of health care facilities and systems, applying for employment, accountability and responsibility; standards of dress, workplace behavior, and approaches needed to assist clients; expectations of teams and team members; common health care facility policies and requirements; and selected medical and departmental abbreviations. Also included is discussion about how health care workers can impact the quality of health care and balance their work and personal life to maintain personal wellness. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Discuss ways healthcare personnel can balance their work and personal life to maintain personal wellness
- Describe the expectations employees have of healthcare personnel
- Identify quality issues in healthcare facilities relating to how they impact workers and delivery of care
- Describe the common policies and requirements for various healthcare facilities
- Identify selected organizational, financial structures, departments, services and requirements for various types of healthcare personnel
- Using a problem solving process applied to a healthcare situation, describe behaviors for success in healthcare
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.