The Healthcare Core Curriculum (HCCC) Skills and Clinical course includes an introduction to the nursing care, skills, and concepts necessary to prepare students to complete a clinical experience and gain eligibility to register for the MN Nursing Assistant State Exam as a candidate who has completed an approved nursing assistant program.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify functions that are appropriate to the nursing assistant role and providing person-centered care.
- Explain the basic concepts of maintaining a clean and safe environment and demonstrate knowledge of related skills.
- Identify normal and abnormal vital signs and demonstrate accuracy in obtaining vital signs.
- Explain rationale for providing personal cares and demonstrate proficient performance of personal care skills.
- Explain the importance of providing activity and exercise and demonstrate proficient performance of related skills.
- Explain basic concepts of nutrition, fluid balance, and types of diets and demonstrate skills related to food and fluid intake.
- Explain basic concepts related to bowel and bladder function and demonstrate skills related to elimination.
- Explain special needs associated with clients who have mental and behavioral health challenges and demonstrate skills to modify behavior.
- Identify workplace rights and responsibilities and explain the importance of organizational skills and personal wellness.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.