This module focuses on the legal issues related to clients and healthcare workers. Such areas as healthcare laws, client rights and responsibilities, confidentiality, liability, documentation, and regulation are explored. The relationship between ethics and legal issues is discussed, as well as the impact law and regulation has on healthcare systems. Must be taken Pass/Fail.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explain the laws related to healthcare and their influence on the healthcare delivery system
- Define Vulnerable Adult Law as it relates to abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Discuss healthcare providers and facilities to ensure clients and workers' rights
- Describe confidentiality and its impact on all concerned
- Explain the problem solving process concerning the law and legal rights
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.