This course emphasizes interaction between the student and internship site with emphasis on applying learned classroom curriculum in an on-the-job environment. The internship program will be available to students who have demonstrated readiness and willingness to learn in an on-the-job situation and have successfully completed at least 50% of their program coursework. Students will learn from hands-on training and real-world application in a day-to-day work environment that emphasizes the computer and network installation, configuration, maintenance, administration, and repair skills of the program. The internship is considered a second-year class.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Adhere to the attendance policy and follow the rules and policies of the internship organization.
- Apply knowledge and skills learned at college to meet job requirements.
- Demonstrate job skills necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate dependability and initiative while performing assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate ethical behaviors and standards at the work site.
- Display honesty and courtesy towards co-workers.
- Observe and record job tasks, work standards and policies at the internship site.
- Report technology use and trends of the host organization to college faculty.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.