From filling out the FAFSA to setting up your loans, applying for financial aid is one of the big steps you'll need to take before you start classes.
The first step in receiving financial aid is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as you can. Use SCTCC school code 005534 when filling out the FAFSA.
To complete the FAFSA, you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your income tax returns, W-2s, and other financial records for the year that's indicated on the FAFSA. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s). For more information, visit the FAFSA website.