Student Learning Outcomes
This course covers keys components of breakfast production including the preparation of various egg dishes, meats, cereals, starch products, breakfast pastries, fruits, and beverages. Teamwork, professionalism and efficiency in service are stressed in this course. Students will practice these concepts concurrently while gaining knowledge of the various cooking methods and techniques. A capstone project to this course will include preparing 2 over-easy eggs and an omelet within 4 minutes.Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify various types of breakfast food products and demonstrate proper food safety and sanitization techniques.
- Learn and apply proper terminology for breakfast items for efficiency in breakfast production.
- Demonstrate proper techniques in the preparation of eggs including over-easy, poached, scrambled, hard-boiled, and various types of omelets.
- Identify and prepare various types of meats and potato products for breakfast service.
- Perform and serve breakfast beverage preparation.
- Identify, prepare, and properly serve multiple types of pastries.
- Demonstrate professionalism and teamwork in the production of breakfast items and develop a sense of urgency in the production of breakfast items.
- Properly prepare 2 over-easy eggs and an omelet within 4 minutes.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.