We have answers to your technology questions! Can't find what you're looking for? Give us a call or send an e-mail.
Office 365 ProPlus - FREE for faculty & staff
Microsoft is providing free access to Office 365 ProPlus for faculty and staff members as part of our Microsoft site license for SCTCC. This offer includes the Office 2013 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office apps. Faculty and staff members are able to install the Office 2013 suite on up to five personal devices, including PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones and tablets.
For iOS and Android:
- Download from your app store iPad: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iPhone, Android
- Sign in with your school credentials for full editing capability
You will need your SCTCC college email account to sign in. If you have trouble installing Office, this guide may resolve your issue: http://aka.ms/office365help
Documents and printing Help
- CyclonePRINT - Managed Print Services by Marco
- Reprographics/Copy Center/Mailroom Information
- Saving and Opening Documents
- Password Rules
- Reset My Password
- Star ID—The StarID is a username that will be used across the Minnesota State system to access information technology systems and services. As systems are configured to use StarID, the number of usernames and passwords students and employees will need to remember and use will be reduced. Ideally, all systems will be able to use StarID so people will have a single username and password.
- Online Registration \ E-Services
- Minnesota State eTimeSheet
Phone and voicemail
MoveIt Securely is a secure file transfer solution available to Minnesota State employees.
MoveIt Securely will be used to transfer files securely, as the software name implies, and also to transfer large files that are too large to send via email. This system is designed to send files securely to both internal and external recipients and replaces the transfer of sensitive data via email. Sensitive data refers to Social Security numbers, grades, driver’s license information, etc. If you are uncertain whether data is sensitive, please use MoveIt Securely. This software is not intended to replace network drives that are currently used to share files among departments or programs. For more information on MoveIt Securely and how to use it, click MoveIt Securely. To access the service, log in using your StarID.
- Kaltura - MediaSpace: MediaSpace is a cloud based web service developed by Kaltura which facilitates the conversion and distribution of various audio, video and image media formats. Faculty, staff and students may upload media content to the MediaSpace server which automatically converts and optimizes your media for hassle-free distribution on the web. Log in with your Star ID and password.
- Hoonuit by Atomic Learning: Online database of video-based technology training courses. The college subscribes to this paid database for all students, faculty and staff.
- SCTCC On The Hub: Purchase Microsoft software, such as Office and Windows, online at an academic discount. This is a big savings over retail prices.
- Husktech – Apple Products: The computer store (HuskyTech) at St. Cloud State University sells Apple products to students, faculty and staff at SCTCC for personal purchases. HuskyTech is recognized Apple Education Store that provides educationally priced devices. Contact HuskyTech at 308-4944, email at email@example.com or visit their website for more information - http://huskynet.stcloudstate.edu/huskytech.
We provide technological support for achieving success in the Minnesota State learning enterprise. Our system and campus services:
- Enhance teaching and learning
- Strengthen leadership, planning, and decision-making
- Increase technology-user productivity
- Generate confident and satisfied students, faculty, and staff
- Ensure timely and efficient access to information
A key to our success is maintaining a balance between a reliable common infrastructure and the flexibility to tailor to local needs. Ultimately, we provide the innovative services and tools to help Minnesotans shape and adjust to the future in the Knowledge Age.
The technology vision statement was created for all Minnesota State institutions and has been incorporated into many Minnesota State technology plans.
What we do
IT support services
We assist with resolving software and hardware issues and providing access to computers, email, and the Internet.
We monitor all college computer systems and maintain them on a regular basis. Campus computers are replaced on a regular rotation cycle to ensure that equipment is up to date and functioning properly. We set computer specifications so equipment meets or exceeds the software specifications needed for programs. Computer software is regularly updated and patched to maintain security.
Network services, servers and storage
We maintain all the college networks (LAN and WAN). Virtually all of the areas within the college are covered by wireless access. The SCTCC server room has a high capacity storage infrastructure built on a storage area network (SAN). The network storage space is backed up routinely. Electronic storage for students is provided as part of the Microsoft live@edu package. Students have 1TB of storage space that’s accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
Some examples of college systems we maintain are the college imaging system, (ImageNow) the online customer experience management system (RightNow), our learning management system (D2L Brightspace), and our web content management system (Drupal).
Acceptable use of computers and information technology resources
This acceptable use policy governs the use of computers and networks by all students, faculty, and staff at SCTCC. As a user of computer and information technology resources, you’re responsible for reading and understanding this policy.