Microsoft is providing free access to Office 365 ProPlus for faculty and staff members as part of our Microsoft site license for SCTCC. This offer includes the Office 2013 versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office apps. Faculty and staff members are able to install the Office 2013 suite on up to five personal devices, including PCs, Macs, iPhones, iPads, and Android smartphones and tablets.
For iOS and Android:
- Download from your app store iPad: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, iPhone, Android
- Sign in with your school credentials for full editing capability
You will need your SCTCC college email account to sign in. If you have trouble installing Office, this guide may resolve your issue: Office 365 Help
MoveIt Securely is a secure file transfer solution available to Minnesota State employees.
MoveIt Securely will be used to transfer files securely, as the software name implies, and also to transfer large files that are too large to send via email. This system is designed to send files securely to both internal and external recipients and replaces the transfer of sensitive data via email. Sensitive data refers to Social Security numbers, grades, driver’s license information, etc. If you are uncertain whether data is sensitive, please use MoveIt Securely. This software is not intended to replace network drives that are currently used to share files among departments or programs. For more information on MoveIt Securely and how to use it, click MoveIt Securely. To access the service, log in using your StarID.
- Kaltura - MediaSpace: MediaSpace is a cloud based web service developed by Kaltura which facilitates the conversion and distribution of various audio, video and image media formats. Faculty, staff and students may upload media content to the MediaSpace server which automatically converts and optimizes your media for hassle-free distribution on the web. Log in with your Star ID and password.
- Instructions for Kaltura/MediaSpace Video Creation and Captioning
- SCTCC On The Hub: Purchase Microsoft software, such as Office and Windows, online at an academic discount. This is a big savings over retail prices.
- Huskytech – Apple Products: The computer store (HuskyTech) at St. Cloud State University sells Apple products to students, faculty and staff at SCTCC for personal purchases. HuskyTech is recognized Apple Education Store that provides educationally priced devices. Contact HuskyTech at 308-4944, email at email@example.com or visit their website for more information.
AzureDev Tools: Free Software from Microsoft for students and faculty
Formerly Microsoft Imagine, puts professional, no-cost developer tools, including Visual Studio Enterprise, in the hands of students and faculty.
Northway Room 1-215
1540 Northway Drive
St. Cloud, MN 56303
This acceptable use policy governs the use of computers and networks by all students, faculty, and staff at SCTCC. As a user of computer and information technology resources, you’re responsible for reading and understanding this policy.