The SCTCC Department of Safety and Security is a professional, proactive safety and security resource for the SCTCC community. We accomplish our mission by supporting SCTCC’s mission, goals, and core values by securing, monitoring, enforcing and providing administrative and environmental health and safety resources to the college while offering visibility to the community, coordination of safety related activities and training for all SCTCC constituents, and acting as a liaison with local emergency services.
- Provide a safe environment for all SCTCC students, staff, faculty, alumni, and guests
- Provide community wide safety, security and emergency training
- Increase community awareness of the resources the Department of Safety and Security provides
- Improve on usability and availability of security technology resources
- Accurately document all safety and security related reports for the SCTCC community
- Maintain a positive relationship with local, state, federal, and other outside agencies
For emergency needs, you are encouraged to call “911” first and then call Security.
St. Cloud Technical & Community College (SCTCC) is committed to providing a safe work and learning environment for employees, students and visitors. To help maintain that commitment of safety, SCTCC has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the St. Cloud Police Department to provide security and community relations services on campus. You can view the MOU with full details by clicking HERE. Our campus SCPD Officer will have a kiosk in the Northway Building and be a resource to all students, staff, and faculty for on-campus and off-campus concerns. In addition to patrolling campus buildings and grounds, the officer will also serve on various campus committees and provide safety related training in and outside of the classroom setting.
St. Cloud State University (SCSU) Public Safety Department will provide security services on our campus during the evening hours. Public Safety Officers provide numerous services on our campus such as vehicle and foot patrols and campus escorts.
Public Safety Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday: 8am-4pm (St. Cloud Police Officer)
Monday through Thursday: 4pm-10pm (SCSU Public Safety)
Monday through Friday: 8am-4pm (St. Cloud Police Officer)
Students, faculty, staff and guests of the College are encouraged to immediately report emergencies and criminal activity to the St. Cloud Police Department (911). For non-emergencies, you can reach the Department of Public Safety by calling 83333 from any on campus phone or 320-308-3333 from an off campus phone. This number is answered all day, every day. You can also stop by the Department of Safety and Security, which is located in the Business Office 1-401 of the Northway Building.
If you have information on a crime that has been committed on the SCTCC Campus (or around your community) and wish to remain anonymous, you may contact the Tri-County Crime Stoppers by Secure Online Tip Form, calling 1-800-255-1301 or texting to CRIME (274637) and starting your message with the keyword TriTip.
Other Safety Information
- NotAlone.gov: Information for students, schools, and anyone interested in finding resources on how to respond to and prevent sexual assault on college and university campuses and in our schools.
- Parking Study: Information on SCTCC parking demand, development of alternative parking solutions and review of access and revenue control options
- Mandatory State and Federal Employment Information: Find links to posters and additional information about workplace safety and regulations.