Student Learning Outcomes
Developing visual interest and appeal in all dishes is an essential skill for all professional cooks. This course introduces students to the fundamental elements of food art and Garde Manger work. This course will specifically address food selection and preparation techniques, fruit, vegetable, and tallow carvings, and various centerpiece displays. Additional work with hors d'oeuvres, canapes, and charcuterie will be emphasized.Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify tools, equipment and techniques used in garde manger work.
- Learn the definitions and terminology used in garde manger and apply the knowledge to various classroom projects.
- Identify products used in garde manger work.
- Prepare and display a variety of centerpieces and garnishes for dishes developed in class.
- Participate in a variety of experiences that will develop student professional skills, attitudes and behaviors.
- Prepare and display one (1) showpiece utilizing proper garde manger techniques
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.