Student Learning Outcomes
This course will provide an overview of pathological conditions and developmental disorders of the oral cavity. Students will recognize the appearance and maintenance of healthy oral tissue as well as anomalies of the teeth and abnormal conditions of surrounding tissues. Students will apply their knowledge while presenting oral hygiene instructions and develop citizenship skills through service learning projects.Student Learning Outcomes
- Compare and contrast characteristics of healthy oral tissue with pathological conditions of the oral cavity.
- Differentiate developmental disorders and anomalies of the teeth and surrounding tissues.
- Summarize characteristics of oral diseases and screening processes and treatments associated with oral cancer.
- Plan and facilitate a group oral health presentation to a diverse population.
- Develop citizenship skills and understand what it means to be a contributing member to the community by completing service learning projects.
- Support and respect concepts of human dignity and appreciate individual differences.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.