Student Learning Outcomes
Internship seminar coincides with Internship II and provides students with opportunities to share clinical experiences with their classmates and faculty. It combines the didactic training with the internship experience in preparation for the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) General Chairside and the Minnesota State licensure examinations. Students are expected to complete and turn in written reports relating to functions performed in the clinical internship facility. The course will also provide the necessary information to apply for licensure with the State Board of Dentistry and to establish and maintain a professional portfolio.Student Learning Outcomes
- Complete weekly time sheets and reports and student evaluations to assess common dental materials and techniques utilized in general/specialty offices/clinics.
- Identify and focus on deficient areas to increase awareness of proper studying and problem solving abilities.
- Complete the necessary review sheets/assignments to successfully write the Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) General Chairside exam and the Minnesota State Licensure exam.
- Provide the opportunity to work with SCTCC placement office in securing and maintaining employment.
- Participate in group discussions relating to clinical experiences and problem solving skills.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.