Student Learning Outcomes
Introduce key concepts of surveying and civil engineering industry related to drafting and design methods. Develop technical skills in map making and construction document drafting and civil engineering drafting techniques.Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate proper hand and computer aided drafting methods and skills.
- Prepare drafting documents.
- Design and create contour, profile and cross section drawings.
- Comprehend survey and construction terms associated with cross sections, profiles, grades and coordinates.
- Exhibit safe work habits, safe equipment handling and professional interpersonal skills.
- Identify and employ correct drafting tools and use scaling devices accurately.
- Apply fundamental CADD drafting methods to create drawings.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.