Student Learning Outcomes
Microsoft Server I is the first in a series of courses that prepares students to plan, implement and manage a Windows Server environment. By providing the backbone of an enterprise level environment, students will bring sought after systems administration and skills to the workplace. The Microsoft Server I course is designed to provide comprehensive hands-on learning in system installation, configuration, and feature management based on the needs and goals of an organization. The training from this course helps prepare students for careers in network administration, systems administration, systems analyst and technology support.Student Learning Outcomes
- Implement an installation and upgrade of Microsoft Server operating system.
- Configure server settings to meet performance requirements.
- Configure server roles.
- Configure local and remote storage solutions.
- Explain proper Microsoft licensing of the server based on specific situations.
- Evaluate routing and remote access authentication and encryption options.
- Create secure file, print, and group policy objects.
- Apply a maintenance plan, to maintain server health.
- Implement server virtualization with Hyper-V.
- Apply proper networking configuration for successful network communication.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.