Student Learning Outcomes
This course is designed to introduce the student to dental materials and techniques utilized for various laboratory, restorative and clinical applications. It includes both didactic information and laboratory practice with products including gypsum, impression materials, waxes, cements, restorative materials and thermoplastic resins. Safety is emphasized.Student Learning Outcomes
- Identify gypsum materials based on type, classification, color and use.
- Manipulate gypsum materials according to its clinical application.
- Select impression materials according to its use.
- Identify the types of dental wax used in dentistry.
- Distinguish the differences of various dental cements.
- Manipulate dental cements according to its intended application.
- Manipulate various restorative materials according to their use.
- Demonstrate comprehension of resins (acrylic and/or thermoplastic) through manipulation according to clinical applications.
- Function within current industry standards for infection control and personal safety.
Please see eServices for section availability and current pre-req/test score requirements for this course.