Information related to grades, finances and some personal information is considered to be private. The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records. They include the right to:
- Inspect and review education records;
- Right to seek to amend education records;
- Consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information in these records;
- Restrict disclosure of personally identifiable information designated as directory information that may be released without consent of the student; and
- File a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education for alleged failure by SCTCC to comply with FERPA requirements.
SCTCC's Student Data Practices Policy
For additional information
Call 1-800-USA-LEARN (1-800-872-5327) (voice).
TDD call 1-800-437-0833.
Or you may contact the U.S. Department of Education at the following address:
Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20202-8520