Any students enrolled at SCTCC with a disability that impacts their education or ability to participate on campus are eligible to apply for Accessibility Services.
The steps to apply are as follows
- Be Enrolled at SCTCC
- Fill out the Application for Services
- Submit any Disability Documentation (i.e., doctor's note, diagnostic assessment, etc.) you may have to email@example.com.
- Schedule a Welcome Meeting with the Accessibility Services Coordinator to collaboratively set up your accommodation plan.
If you have any questions regarding the process to receive accommodations, please connect with us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-308-506
If you have any disability documentation, you may email it to us (email@example.com), fax it to us (320-308-5981), or drop it off to us (Office 1-454, near Door 4).
IMPORTANT: Please note that you should not delay meeting with us out of concern for not having the right paperwork. Our Accessibility Services Coordinator will discuss specific third-party documentation needs during the Welcome Meeting and steps you can take after the meeting is complete. Our priority is meeting with you, not reviewing your paperwork.
Click here to learn more about our documentation policy.
To receive your accommodations, you must complete a Welcome Meeting with the Accessibility Services Coordinator. For more information on the Welcome Meeting and what it entails, please follow this link.
Once your Welcome Meeting is complete, you will receive an email from the coordinator with your accommodation plan attached as a PDF.
It is your responsibility to email your accommodation plan to your instructors, and CC Accessibility Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) on that email, in order to receive accommodations in those courses. Please include the following in your email to your instructor:
- your name
- the class you are requesting accommodations for (i.e., BIOL-1234)
- a digital copy of your Accommodation Plan
Accommodations are not retroactively applied, so it is our recommendation to email your accommodations to your instructors as close to the start of the semester as possible.
The Accessibility Services Web-Portal hosts our Application for Services.
Once you are approved for services, you will still use the Web-Portal to access any forms or documents you may need in relation to your accommodations.
If you have any of the following accommodations, you will be utilizing the Web-Portal for submitting forms:
- Testing Accommodations
- Supplemental Note Taker
- ASL Interpreter
- Kurzweil/Alternative Texts
Additionally, everyone will have access to the most updated version of their accommodation plan on the Web-Portal.
- Eligible testers may receive accommodations for the Accuplacer Placement Assessment. Please note that the Accuplacer is not a timed assessment, so requests for extended time on the Accuplacer are not necessary.
- How to get Accuplacer Accommodations:
- Schedule your Accuplacer Exam (Accuplacer | St. Cloud Technical Community College (sctcc.edu))
- Follow all instructions to receive accommodations listed out in the Getting Started section of our website
- In your Welcome Meeting with the Accessibility Services Coordinator, please inform them that you will be taking the Accuplacer and need accommodations. Please know your Accuplacer date and time before this meeting.
- The Accessibility Services Coordinator will inform the Assessment Coordinator of your accommodations, and CC you in the email.
- If you have any questions about the Accuplacer, please visit Accuplacer | St. Cloud Technical Community College (sctcc.edu) or contact Nathan Jacobson, the Assessment Coordinator (email@example.com or 320-308-6007).
- If you have any questions about getting Accuplacer Accommodations, please contact Avery Cook, the Accessibility Services Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-308-5064).