Multicultural Programs Student Assistant
- Please check with the Financial Aid office if you are eligible for work study.
- Complete the application form available at the Multicultural Center Room 313 or click the link: Multicultural Center Employment Application
- Email your completed application form to email@example.com using the subject line “Multicultural Programs Student Assistant”
- Interview with the Director
Hours Per Week Required: 20 hours per week (Flexible days and hours).
Pay Rate: $ 12/hr.
Job Description & Position Overview
Multicultural Programs Student Assistants aid the Director of Cultural Fluency, Equity and Inclusion in the planning and implementation of programs. The duties they perform assist with the process of building community, fostering an appreciation for diversity, promoting student learning, and furthering the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Assisting the Director in carrying out programs and activities; modeling leadership to other students; serving as a resource for issues related to diversity.
- Develop and maintain a peer relationship focused on helping students make a smooth transition, acclimate to campus, and establish a sense of belonging.
- Serve as a resource for students helping them identify and use appropriate campus services.
- Help facilitate and encourage other students' attendance at campus programs and events.
- Participate in group meetings, programs and activities.
- Serve as a positive role model, both in the classroom and within the community at large.
- Participation in training sessions prior to the start of the semester.
- Be available to support full-time programming.
- Write monthly newsletter.
- Create and conduct program evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to initiate conversation with students that enter the Multicultural Center
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to thoroughly complete all work assignments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and desire to be a team player.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to model student leadership.
- Sense of creativity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher)
- Currently enrolled as a student at SCTCC.
- Completion of two semesters of coursework.
- Minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.7
- Demonstrate leadership potential.
- Be self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Regularly required to remain seated in a normal position for long/extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to stand for long/extended periods of time.
- Regularly required to move about.
- Occasionally required to reach up and out with hands & arms.
- Regularly required to talk and hear, verbally expressed information or instructions.
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp objects, type, pick up objects, move objects or hold objects
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds