Advocacy | Connection | Leadership | Transformation
SCTCC is a diverse, multicultural, multilingual, multi-abled, multigendered, multigenerational and global community. We embrace diverse perspectives and experiences of race, class, gender, and where they meet.
We provide the education, training, and support necessary for equitable participation in our society, economy, and democracy. We embrace diverse perspectives and experiences of race, class, gender, and their intersections.
“The College has 8 shared beliefs that together, help set expectations and establish norms for how we will work together to advance our mission and achieve our vision. This Center is just one way we are holding ourselves accountable for living our shared beliefs. This center is an example of how we walk the talk,” says Annesa Cheek, SCTCC President.
About the Center
The Center’s mission is to foster social equity through:
- Programming and experiences that recognize cultural knowledge
- Increasing multicultural and intercultural communication skills
- Providing social justice and global education
- Fostering local and global leadership opportunities
- Establishing interventions for faculty, staff, and students as they navigate predominantly white academic spaces
- Advocating to transform academic environments to honor all the contributions, narratives, and stories our communities hold
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Location: Northway Building Room – 313
Phone: (320) 308-5121