(estimated time 15-20 minutes)
Drop-in Advising times are focused on immediate needs and for issues that can be addressed in less than 20 minutes.
Reasons you might use Drop-in Advising could include:
- Questions about assessment scores and classes.
- Scheduling for next semester or current semester – get access code.
- Initial questions about add/drop/withdrawal
Drop-in Advising Hours
Drop-in in-person meetings are available at the Academic Advising Center (AAC), Room 1-401, Monday through Friday between 8:15 a.m. and 3 p.m. Students will meet with the AAC staff member assigned to drop-in appointments that day.
If you would like to meet with a specific advisor or have questions that might take longer than 20 minutes to answer, it will be best to schedule an appointment. See the instructions below on how to schedule your appointment through Starfish.
If you need assistance, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-308-5741.
Some situations will require a longer appointment where an advisor can prepare the information necessary to meet your needs.
Reasons for scheduled appointments could include, but are not limited to:
- Long-term education plans
- Personal issues
- Transfer planning and lengthy unofficial transcript evaluations
- Major exploration
- Appeal questions
- Academic performance concerns
Appointments are available 8:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday. Students are encouraged to schedule appointments at least 24 hours in advance.
Students who are late for their scheduled appointment, may have to reschedule for another day.
To make an appointment with an advisor in the Academic Advising Center you can:
Call us: 320-308-5741
Or sign up online through Starfish:
- Login to Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Click the “Starfish” link in the top right corner
- Click the “Success Network” tab
- Select “Schedule an Appointment” under the “Academic Advising Center” service
- Select a date from the calendar on the right
- Select an open time from the list and schedule an appointment. You will receive a confirmation email.
For more information about Starfish, view the Getting Started Guide.