Academic advisors assist and empower students to take ownership of their educational plan. Visit Starfish to schedule an appointment for assistance with:
- academic planning
- course registration
- developing goals
- career conversations
- transfer pathways
- offering guidance
- SMART goals
- Success Plan
- sharing resources
Current SCTCC students are encouraged to schedule a phone, zoom, or in-person meeting through Starfish with their academic advisor.
Want to complete your degree or pre-requisites? Advising & Registration is NOW open for Spring 2024 semester courses! Connect with the Advising Center to review your academic plan and receive access code.
Schedule a phone, zoom or in-person meeting with your advisor starting to discuss Spring 2024 semester and get your Access Code. Register EARLY to get the courses you need at the times you want. Spring 2024 registration runs until January 4th, 2024.
If you need assistance with scheduling an appointment:
Drop-in in-person sessions are available at the Academic Advising Center Room 1-401 between 8:15 am – 3:00 pm Monday-Friday.
Students will meet with the advisor assigned to drop-in appointments that day. These are 15-minute appointments so if you feel you need more time or prefer Zoom or phone appointments, please schedule an appointment time as discussed above.
After you're accepted to SCTCC, please follow the instructions on your acceptance letter:
- Complete eOrientation
- Schedule a new or returning student appointment with the Academic Advising staff. Additional new student information
Current SCTCC students
- Click Current Students (upper tab)
- Click D2L Brightspace and log in using your Star ID and password. Once in D2L, click Starfish on the top of the page.
- Click on the menu on the upper left hand side Click on My Success Network
- Find Advisor Name
- Click Schedule
- Click Advising then Select topic
- Click Continue
- Select a date & time
Click Continue. Select Location
You have the option to schedule the following type of meeting:
- phone (include phone #)
- zoom (Advisor will send you a link)
- in-person meeting (please arrive on time in Room 1-401)
If you need assistance, please contact the Advising Center at 320-308-5741
- Include your name, phone # and student ID
We look forward to assisting you with your questions and academic plan!
What's the difference between Academic Advisors and Faculty Advisors?
- Program specific course selection
- Industry and career information
- Course content
- Internship/Clinical guidance
Academic Advising Center:
- General Education courses/AA students
- Transfer information
- Initial advising questions
- Major exploration
- Advisors for Liberal Arts & Sciences and Pre-Health
Provided by both:
- Academic guidance and planning
- Initial registration or scheduling questions
- Information about campus resources and policies
Do you need help planning your career? We are here to help!
SCTCC provides a variety of services to guide you in choosing a successful path that is right for you.
1540 Northway Drive
St. Cloud, MN 56303