Here's how to get your student ID if you are a new student:
- Get a copy of your class schedule.
- Stop by Northway Computer Lab, room 1-405 and show them your class schedule and a picture ID (driver’s license, state ID, or passport).
- They will take your picture and print your student ID.
- Ready to pick up? Your ID will be in the Computer Lab, room 1-405 in the Main/Northway Building.
Here’s how to get your ID if you are new faculty or staff:
- Stop by Northway Computer Lab, room 1-405 and give them your tech ID.
- They will take your picture and print your ID.
- Make sure to let them know whether you are faculty or staff.
- Staff ID cards are available to pick up in the HR office in 1-401.
If you are a returning student and still have your SCTCC ID, you are able to use that ID, even if you haven't been an SCTCC student for a few semesters.
Cyclone ID card Student Perks
- Dining services in the Commons
- Campus printers
- Campus copiers
- Purchases at The BookStop
- Materials at Library/Resource Center
- Free tutoring at the Mary Stangler Center for Academic Success (CAS)
- Free tutoring at TRIO
- Library/Resource Center privileges at SCSU/any state library
- Discounted movie passes for Parkwood Cinema in Waite Park (purchased through SCTCC's The Bookstop only)
- No monthly member fees at the St. Cloud YMCA (pay a one-time joiner fee)
- Free transportation to and from campus and throughout the St. Cloud area using the Metro Bus Fixed Route system (just swipe your Cyclone ID card on the bus). Visit the St. Cloud Metro Bus website to view bus routes and schedules.
Your Cyclone ID card also gives you access to Cyclone Cash, a debit feature that allows you to purchase goods and services on campus.
Treat your Cyclone ID card with a little TLC
Your Cyclone ID card can be used as long as you’re a part of SCTCC—even if you plan to take a break and come back later, so it’s important to take proper care of it. A replacement fee is assessed for any damaged, lost or stolen cards.
Lost or stolen cards should be reported to the Cyclone Card Office at 320.308.6445 or 1.800.222.1009 or by email to email@example.com.
- Never allow your Cyclone ID card to be used as collateral and retained for college services as there may be financial value associated with your card.
- Never turn in your Cyclone ID card at the end of employment or classes.
- Never allow your Cyclone ID card's magnetic stripes to be scratched by sharp objects, like keys or coin edges.
- Never allow your Cyclone ID card's magnetic stripes to touch other cards' magnetic stripes because the Cyclone ID card could demagnetize them.
- Never bend your Cyclone ID card.
- Never put punch holes in your Cyclone ID card.
- Never apply tape or stickers to your Cyclone ID card.
- Never run your card through the washer or dryer.
- Never leave your Cyclone ID card on the dashboard or in direct sunlight as it may melt or warp.
If your Cyclone ID card is ever lost, damaged or stolen, you can get another one at the Cyclone Card Office.
You’ll need a picture ID (driver’s license, state ID or passport). Be prepared to have your picture taken.
A $10 replacement fee will be charged if your card has been misused, bent, broken, warped from heat (from a dashboard or clothes dryer), hole punched, or obstructed with stickers.
No replacement fee will be charged if:
- Lamination is peeling (with no other sign of misuse)
- Encoding on the magnetic strip is worn out or unusable (with no other sign of misuse)
- Photo or text is fading because of frequent use
- You change your name or status (Your name change must be verified through the Record and Registration Office in written form.)
- Your card is stolen (A stolen card must be verified with an official police report—or a copy of the official police report—referencing your lost card.)
Cyclone Cash is a debit feature on your Cyclone ID card.
By simply depositing money onto your student ID into a secure online account, you can purchase goods and services on campus and at participating locations.
- By check or credit/debit card at the Card Office
- By cash only at the Value Transfer Station (VTS) in the Commons, the open labs in room 1-405 and HSB-117 and the Library (Heartland Building).
- Make an online deposit using Cyclone Cash Online Deposit Service
NOTE: To make online deposits, you’ll need to know your student ID number.
When will my deposit show up in the account?
Deposits made before 8 p.m. are added into the Cyclone Cash account by 9 a.m. the next morning. Any web deposits made after 8 p.m. will be added in the Cyclone Cash account by 9 a.m. of second business day after the deposit is made.
NOTE: A fixed convenience fee will be charged to the depositor by the bank for this service.
Customer Service is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Central Standard Time, by calling 320.308.6471.
A processing fee of $5 will be assessed on all refunds. Money will be refunded through a college check from the Business Office, in 10- 14 days. If you have questions regarding your refund, please call 320.308.6471.
- SCTCC campus printers
Cardholders may withdraw funds from their Cyclone Cash account with a written request to the Cyclone Card Office. A $5 processing fee is charged for withdrawal of funds. Money will be refunded through a college check from the business office in 10 to 14 days.
Cyclone ID Card Terms and Conditions
- A cardholder should possess only one Cyclone ID card at any time.
- A Cyclone ID card must NOT be collected upon termination of employment or after graduation.
- The identification and service entitlements associated with each Cyclone ID card are never transferable. Therefore, Cyclone ID cards should not be lent to anyone for any purpose. The individual whose identity is represented on the Cyclone ID card assumes all financial and/or criminal liability for fraudulent use of the card.
- A lost or stolen Cyclone ID card should be reported to Cyclone ID Card Office at 320.308.6445 or Public Safety Office or College at 320.308.5089 or 1-800-222-1009 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unauthorized use of the Cyclone ID card warrants immediate confiscation, deactivation and disciplinary action.
A processing fee of $5 will be assessed on all refunds. If you have questions regarding your refund, please call 320.308.6471.
Fraudulent use of a Cyclone ID card includes, but is not limited to:
- Misrepresentation of identity through the issuance and use of a Cyclone ID card
- Provision of a Cyclone ID card to another individual for any purpose
- Duplication or attempts at duplication of ANY information in the card
- Alteration or defacement of the card or an attempt to do so
When fraudulent use of a Cyclone ID card is detected:
- The Cyclone ID card must be confiscated immediately
- The Cyclone ID Card Office needs to be contacted immediately and have the card deactivated.
The Cyclone Card Office and St. Cloud Technical & Community College as a whole are not liable for financial loss or criminal repercussions associated with lost, stolen, damaged or fraudulently used Cyclone ID cards.
Fall and Spring Hours
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.