Star Alert is a free SCTCC emergency notification system that makes it possible for students and employees to receive notices of campus-related emergencies via text, email, and voice alerts.
All students and employees automatically receive notifications to their SCTCC email account. Standard text messaging rates apply. Students may opt-out of the service at anytime.
How do I sign up for Star Alert?
- Browse to the St. Cloud Technical & Community College Star Alert portal page and click Sign Me Up!
- Create an account by entering your name, email, and password, and then selecting Continue:
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you registered with:
- Click on the link to activate your account; you will be prompted to answer three security questions, and then select Save:
- A message will appear indicating that the activation was successful. Click Login and enter your email address and password you just created during the registration process:
- After logging in, enter your StarID (referred to as identification code) and institutional email address (###@my.sctcc.edu for students; ###@sctcc.edu for employees), and click Submit.
*** The identification code is your StarID ***
The system will find your contact record and allow you to import additional contact information (e.g., home phone, cell phone, alternate email address) and sign up for subscriptions (i.e., how do you want to receive alerts.
IT Help Desk
Northway Building Room 1-405