Congratulations on your new job at St. Cloud Technical and Community College! Now what should you do? Below are a few of the things that need to be taken care of to be sure that your employment starts smoothly.
You should receive an email, sent by the hiring manager, to log into the Minnesota State site to complete your employee profile.
Review the payroll tab to set up your direct deposit, tax forms.
Once your employment documents have been received and entered in the payroll system you can begin receiving your paycheck, obtain your SCTCC ID Card, and activate your SCTCC account granting access to SCTCC systems including computers, email, etc.
It is required by law that you prove you are legally allowed to work in the United States. Within three days of your start date, go to Human Resources (CTEC Building) and provide the necessary proof of your eligibility for employment in the U.S. (see Lists of Acceptable Documents).
Contact or visit us if you have any questions regarding your new employment at St. Cloud Technical and Community College.
- Get a parking permit – Register your vehicle online, then visit the cashiers near the main entrance of Northway, the main building, to arrange for payment.
- Get an employee ID badge made at the Cyclone Campus Card Office, Room 1-131 in Northway.
- Access your e-mail/college systems – Your initial email address and instructions on accessing will be sent to the email listed on your application. Email Login
- Please note that it takes at least 24 hours for email to start synchronizing into mailbox.
- Official notifications regarding your employment, updates, announcements and college events will come to you through email. You will want to make sure and check your St. Cloud Technical and Community College email account, even if it is not your primary email account.
- Get keys – Obtain room keys by filling out the online key request form Note, you will need your Star ID and Password in order to obtain keys. You will be contacted via email when your keys are ready for pickup.
- Access to State Vehicle Use – Obtain authorization to drive state owned vehicles if you are required to as part of your job.
- Business Cards - Once you've started, you can order business cards and a nametag, as well as find information for email signature and office nameplates.
- Attend New Employee Orientation- You will receive an invitation to attend a New Employee Orientation at Human Resources during your first week at SCTCC. You will also have the option of attending a Benefits Enrollment presentation for additional information about medical insurance and other benefits.
- State of MN Self Service Website/Direct Deposit - This website allows you to view/print your pay stub, change your home address, enroll in insurance benefits (if eligible), as well as access other payroll functions. You will receive an email with your User ID and password, after your employment has been documented in the personnel and payroll systems.
- What do you need to access the Self Service website? Your User ID is your State Employee ID, which is an assigned 8-digit number. If this is your first time logging in, use the last four digits of your social security number or click Forgot Password.
- Previous state employees should already have a User ID and password.
Information on setting up your direct deposit
Required Online Training
You should complete the following list of online training courses, available on ELM.
- ADA Compliance
- Code of Conduct
- Personal Empowerment through Self Awareness- Employees (PETSA)
- Public Jobs Private Data
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
Additional New Employee Resources
About Minnesota State
Starting your New Job (Minnesota State Resources)