Degrees and Certificates
Why Choose This Program
The Green Energy Certificate gives graduates critical knowledge and tools to assess and develop renewable energy solutions, combining technology, economics, and society's demands. The classes provide an overview of different renewable technologies, energy policy, and economic factors while also developing analytical and critical thinking skills. Internships will give you real-world experience, and you'll be able to select the best options for renewable energy systems at multiple scales: residential, small businesses, and government.
From Degree to Career
When you choose the Green Certificate at SCTCC, you'll have technical skills to assess and develop renewable energy solutions like solar, wind, hydropower, and geothermal. With the rise of green energy options, graduates with this certificate will have many options for the future.
Individuals seeking to obtain the clean energy and sustainability certificate need to demonstrate capability in communication, interest in green energy, and a natural aptitude for understanding changing technologies related to energy and environmental sciences. Individuals need to be motivated and passionate about green energy in addition to awareness of changing and emerging technologies in green energy.
- Describe the intersection of Earth systems with energy consumption.
- Explain the principles of renewable energy systems.
- Differentiate solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal energy sources, energy storage, transmission, and smart systems.
- Analyze empirical data to evaluate the efficacy of different green energy technologies.
- Examine energy policy with respect to economics, social, and environmental development.
- Evaluate the best green energy solutions based on an evaluation of the local and regional environmental, social, and economical context.
With this certificate, graduates have opportunities in a variety of fields for their career in green energy. This includes solar, windmill, and geothermal power systems, as well as energy management, renewable technician, and energy analyst.
- Electric Power Technology.
- Electrical Solar System Technology.
- Electrical Windmill System Technology.
- Electrical Geothermal Systems Technology.
- Energy Management (BAS).
- Energy Services and Renewable Technician.
- Energy Analyst.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Are you ready to learn more about the Green Energy certificate and being a student at SCTCC? Contact our instructors directly or join us for a Liberal Arts Info Session to meet with instructors and Admissions representatives to get started.
Connect with the SCTCC Admissions team:
- Call us at 320-308-5089
- Email us at email@example.com
- On campus Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Current Green Energy and AA students - this is your place for information.
Contact the Instructors
Environmental Science Instructor
Cell: (816) 288-9521
Clubs & Organizations
Environmental Science Club - SCTCC Student Clubs