There is no application fee to apply to SCTCC.
- Send high school transcripts if you have graduated within the last five years.
- Send college transcripts if you have taken college courses.
- All official non-Minnesota State College transcripts must be sent to SCTCC. Minnesota State College transcripts are automatically sent to SCTCC.
- Take the Accuplacer assessment.
- If you have taken the ACT test or have previous college level coursework, you may not need to take the Accuplacer.
- Some of the ways for students to be exempt from taking the Accuplacer include previous Accuplacer scores, qualifying scores in the ACT, MCA or SAT tests and completed General Education level coursework. Find out if you can be exempt from taking the Accuplacer at Accuplacer Requirements.
- Learn more about the Accuplacer.
As an online student, you will complete eOrientation and have the opportunity to meet with an academic advisor to register for courses in person or by phone.
- After applying and taking the Accuplacer, you will receive a notification to take eOrientation.
- Meet with an academic advisor for course registration.
- You will sign up for a date and time to meet with an academic advisor upon completing eOrientation.
- Visit Advising to learn more.
- You may be eligible for grants, loans, scholarships or employment opportunities.
- FAFSA: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -
SCTCC student code: 005534
- Scholarships: More than 300 scholarships are available each year. Apply for scholarships at Student Scholarships.
- Work Study: Qualified students can work up to 20 hours a week as part of financial aid, earning money for college and gaining work experience. Learn more.
- Questions on financial aid, call 320.308.5961.
Questions about how to apply?
We're here to help!