Pregnant and Parenting Resources

At SCTCC, we support our Student Parents. To that end, we created this page as a guide to resources that our Student Parents find helpful.

SCTCC has a quiet and private space for expressing milk or nursing your baby. For your convenience, there is a lactation room located in the Northway Building on the SCTCC campus. The lactation room includes a chair and table, and to ensure your privacy, the room is equipped with a locking mechanism.

No reservations are required. Only nursing mothers may use this space.

Lactation room: Northway Building – 2-497

  • Go UP the stairs near the Career Center
  • Take your first RIGHT
  • Go through BOTH sets of doors into the area that is marked as Career Force – SCTCC has reclaimed rooms in this space
  • Go down the short hallway and the room is located ACROSS from the bathrooms

If you have questions or concerns about the lactation room, please contact Campus Life at (320) 308-5922.

Building Hours

7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday, and on Saturday when class is in session.

***Campus buildings will be closed on designated holidays.

Begin Your Search For Child Care

Child Care Aware of Minnesota helps families walk through choosing the best child care for them and their children by:

  1. Offering information on types of child care
  2. Using a search engine to get country/city specific information
  3. Providing tools when choosing child care such as a complete guide to finding child care, questions to ask when interviewing child care providers, how to pay for care and find financial assistance, as well as what to consider for ADA / Special Needs Care.
  4. Educating on actions that can be taken to make using child care easier for your family

Finding Child Care: A Guide for Families from Parent Aware

Online Search for Licensed Day Care in Stearns County

List of Licensed Day Care Providers in Benton County

List of Licensed Day Care Providers in Sherburne County


Child Care Center on Campus!


Playhouse Child Care provides infant, toddler, preschool and school aged child care and school readiness to SCTCC Student Parents in a convenient on-campus location.

Making Child Care Provided by Relatives Work for Your Family

Child Care Assistance This link brings you to a quick online screening to see if you may be eligible and gives you instructions on applying. Contact the Student Support Manager for further assistance.

Children's Home Society & Family Services and Lutheran Social Services

Children's Home Society of Minnesota and Luthern Social Services offer decision making counseling and complete adoption services to birth parents in Minnesota. Children's Home Society and Luthern Social Services can facilitate any type of adoption, including agency, independent, and interstate adoptions. The agencies support open adoption, where the birth parents and adoptive parents meet, choose each other, plan the type of adoption based on the best interest of everyone involved, and maintain an ongoing relationship after placement. Located in St. Paul. Children's Home Society and Luthern Social Services are licensed, nonprofits, nonsectarian agencies.

Elevier Women’s Center​

Located in Elk River, Elevier provides free educational, material, emotional and spiritual support services; and reproductive health consultative and medical services. Support women in unexpected pregnancy situations or who need pregnancy support services.

Elevate Pregnancy & Family Resource Center

Birthline offers information, education, support, and prenatal medical exams. They also offer a Stepping Stones program that offers assistance like clothing, car seats, gas, and groceries as clients progress through the program. Clients will also receive Doula support at no cost. Located in St. Cloud. All services are free and confidential. Identifies with Christianity and gladly serves anyone experiencing an unexpected pregnancy regardless of age, race, religion, income, or beliefs.

First Steps Central Minnesota

First Steps is a Nurse-Family Partnership with a team of person nurses from Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, and Wright Counties in Central Minnesota who offer support and information at no cost for you to:

  • Have a healthy pregnancy and baby
  • Be the best parent you can be
  • Have a safe, loving home for you and your baby
  • Connect to resources in your community to get things needed for your baby
  • Find ways to continue your education and develop job skills

Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood of St. Cloud offers pregnancy testing, abortion referrals, adoption referrals, and education. Services differ slightly depending on which health center location clients are looking at. Planned Parenthood supports and welcomes clients regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or biological sex, including but not limited to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, and intersex clients.

Pregnancy & Postpartum Support Minnesota

Helpline: 612-757-7776

PPSM supports women who experience pregnancy or postpartum mood & anxiety disorders.  Peer volunteers are available for one-on-one ongoing support and they host a support group. PPSM maintains a directory of perinatal specialists across Minnesota to support you in accessing competent care. Every specialist has been vetted to determine competency and advanced training in Perinatal Mental Health.

*For other mental health support, check out our campus Mental Health Services.

WIC (Women, Infants and Children)

The WIC program provides nutrition education, healthy foods, and health services to women who are pregnant, breastfeeding, or just had a baby. Services and programs are based on income.

Work-Family Legal Helpline 833-633-3222

This free and confidential helpline assists workers nationwide facing various issues at work related to:

  • Sick leave
  • Family and medical leave
  • Pregnancy discrimination
  • Accommodations for pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions
  • Discrimination based on being a parent or other caregiver
  • Fair scheduling
  • Equal pay (including inquiries from potential employers about salary history)

Post-Secondary Child Care Grant helps Minnesota residents offset the cost of daycare needs to attend college. Funds are limited and awarded based on application date and income. Application forms are available in Financial Services.

Milestones Early Learning Scholarships provide families living in Benton, Sherburne, Stearns, or Wright County with financial support to help pay for high-quality child care and early education to assist in preparing their children for school. Eligibility is based on income.

There are also several options for Veteran and Military Child Care Assistance. For more information, please contact the Student Support Manager (contact info below).

Each prospective County has different family assistance programs: several cash assistance programs, child care assistance, emergency assistance and SNAP (see below) . Please call your county directly to learn about what programs you qualify for.

  • Stearns County Human Services: 320.656.6000
  • Sherburne County Human Services: 763.765.4000
  • Benton County Human Services: 320.968.5087
  • Wright County Human Services: 763.682.7414

Apply online or get a paper application at

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

SNAP is a federal program paid for by tax dollars. SNAP helps families and individuals make sure they get the food they need. SNAP can be used like cash to buy fruits, vegetables, cereal, bread, meat, fish, dairy products and more. College students are eligible too!

Contact the Student Support Manager (contact info below) to learn more, find out if you are eligible, and get help applying.

School Nutrition Program (aka Free and Reduced Lunch Program)

The School Meal Program pays for all or part of the cost of breakfast and lunch for children in K-12 school. By offering healthy and nutritious meals, the program also helps children to learn and grow. Applications can be picked up in the office at your child’s school. It may also have been mailed to your household during the summer with other school papers. It is called the “Application for Educational Benefits.” Applications are accepted anytime during the school year.

Other financial assistance is available! Check out the Non-Academic Student Support webpage for general financial, food, housing, relationship, health insurance and transportation assistance.

The Student Support Manager is available to discuss any issues that arise for you. This is not an exhaustive list of resources so there may be others to assist you! See the contact information below to reach out.

Student Support Manager

Northway Building, Room 1-401