These scholarships are targeted for Minnesota residents who are majoring in high-demand occupations. Eligible programs are listed below. Approximately, 63 scholarships will be available.
- CNC & Advanced Machining
- Computer-Aided Design Manufacturing
- Computer-Aided Mechanical Design
- Energy Technical Specialist
- Instrumentation & Process Control
- Robotics & Automation Technology
Health Care Services
- Biomedical Equipment Technology
- Cardiovascular Technology
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Health Information Technology
- Health Sciences Broad-Field Degree
- Medical Coding
- Practical Nursing
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Surgical Technology
Early Childhood Education
In addition to the criteria listed below, scholarships will be awarded based on how you answer two questions on how this scholarship will help you achieve your career goals.
To be eligible to receive a $2,500 scholarship you must:
- Be a resident of Minnesota
- Be a high school graduate or have completed a GED
- Have applied to SCTCC in a qualifying program
- Enroll in at least nine credits
- Complete the scholarship application by June 30, 2023.
Second semester funding:
- Complete nine credits
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher
Did you receive a Workforce Development Scholarship last year?
- You can apply again, but your total award can't be more than $5,000 (two scholarships)
- The second scholarship will be awarded after completing two semesters
- You're eligible for a third scholarship if you transfer to a related program at a Minnesota State university